topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:30 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Phatware Buy 1 get 1 Free = Phatnotes + Calligrapher up till 15 Sep 08  (Read 4272 times)

patteo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
For Windows Mobile Users - This is a great deal
PhatWare has a great promotion running now through September 15th.  If you buy their award winning PhatNotes application for Windows Mobile Standard, Professional or Windows Tablet PC, you will get the latest version of CalliGrapher FREE!  That's a $40 savings!

http://www.phatware....ct/details/phatnotes

I own both software and I find them both excellent.

Phatnotes is a much better note taking software compared with Pocket Word - rather useful if take a lot of notes regularly.

Calligrapher is also great for handwriting once you get used to it and it has a built in macro language too.

With the macro language, I have been able to automate various routine tasks.

There are also other deals on www.phatware.com
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 07:19 PM by patteo »

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Phatware Buy 1 get 1 Free = Phatnotes + Calligrapher up till 15 Sep 08
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 09:29 AM »
I could not work out the real life difference between
Phatnotes "Award-winning advanced notes organizer for mobile and desktop computers" and
Phatpad "an advanced notes organizer for Microsoft Windows Powered Tablet, Desktop and Pocket PCs"

patteo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 10:37 AM »
In a nutshell - Phatnotes is a souped up version of a notes taking application.

Phatpad is more of a sketching, doodling type application.

So if you take notes then consider Phatnotes and if you draw, or sketch or doodle, then try Phatpad.

By the way, I think Pocket Informant, the very capable PIM for Windows Mobile has a lite version of Phatnotes incorporated in it.

Hope that helps.

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 09:00 AM »
Thanks. Yes, it does.

I picked up a copy of Pocket Informant a while ago on a free deal, but have never really got around to trying it much (I use Agenda Fusion), so I'll have another look at that. A better way of dealing with notes would be good and I do want to try out Calligrapher to see if it works faster than the keyboard at all (though I do have a real (tiny) keyboard on my PPC, as well as the virtual one).

patteo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 10:04 AM »
Actually, once you get used to Calligrapher, you will wonder how you live without it.

I have been using the various versions of Calligrapher now for many years and as you use it, the recognition gets better and better. Yes, it still makes mistakes. But it is much faster than typing.

So I regularly take written notes with it while listening to a lecture or sermon. I don't see how anyone can take notes efficiently or quickly enough with the native Keyboard or the myriad of pick and peck keyboard, even if predictive type.

And since I'm able to synchronize with the laptop, I can search access my notes that I take on the Windows Mobile device.

And for words I use regularly, I use Calligrapher shortcuts which you can easily add and call up on the fly as you "scribble". It even recognizes my "chicken feet" scribbles. Quite amazing really.

It's not perfect, but what is.

Calligrapher is really a souped up Pro version of Transcriber handwriting recognition software that comes with each Windows Mobile device. Transcriber is really a lite version licensed by Microsoft for Windows Mobile.