ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Google Chrome -- a new browser coming (in beta) in a few hours

<< < (17/35) > >>

Paul Keith:
Thanks for the quick heads up.

Edit: btw I'm not a security expert but is this flaw only available if you download a file using Chrome?

fenixproductions:
2Paul Keith
I haven't tested but I suppose that "Raff has cooked up a harmless demo of the attack in action, showing how a Google Chrome users can be lured into downloading and launching a JAR (Java Archive) file that gets executed without warning." might also mean that browser will download it without your knowledge.

This "flaw" is available because Google used old WebKit without checking it's bugs (probably the last part).

Paul Keith:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. If you find out more about this flaw, please keep us updated.

MerleOne:
There is a quite detailed insight on Chrome made as a cartoon by Google Labs on http://www.google.com/googlebooks/chrome/index.html

justice:
Technically it's not a vulnerability because it's not exploitable as far as we know now.

Really love it. Really miss Roboform though, but it browsers so fast, especially javascript heavy sites like our bugtracking system (fogbugz). It's very polished for a beta although I couldn't create a shortcut for one site, and some things look unfinished or out of place. But a very encouraging start and it's a browser i can see recommending to people that are hestitant of too many interface options.

You also have to realise this is not really a browser as a direct competitor to firefox and ie:
In the long term, we think of Chromium as a tabbed window manager or shell for the web rather than a browser application. We avoid putting things into our UI in the same way you would hope that Apple and Microsoft would avoid putting things into the standard window frames of applications on their operating systems.-http://dev.chromium.org/user-experience
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version