ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Google Chrome -- a new browser coming (in beta) in a few hours

<< < (15/35) > >>

lanux128:
i meant to post this earlier. anyway according to this article, Google pays up to 85% of Mozilla's total revenue. if that isn't influential, then i don't know what is. all being said this may merely turn out to be flexing of muscle on Google's part. also note the date of the post, just a few days before they released a public beta of Chrome.

• http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/08/28/mozilla-extends-lucrative-deal-with-google-for-3-years/

Lashiec:
Yeah, mouser quoted Mozilla's CEO in another article which also mentioned the extension of the deal. Firefox also has another deal with Yahoo! IIRC, but if Google is intimidating Firefox with this, perhaps something should be done. For now, I don't think this is a possibility, Google enjoys a nice 1st place in the search engine business, and there's no reason to believe someone could challenge them in the short-term, at least not in a way that Firefox could switch its main source of revenue.

Perhaps this is why they're developing things like Prism, Weave and Fennec, to diversify its product line, and be able to score deals with other search engines, software companies or hardware makers, much like Opera Software does (which also depends on Google's deal to fund Opera for Desktop).

kartal:
I would probably use chrome here and there if it was a firefox or kmeleon extension :)

Mark0:
Java works pretty well with Chrome, but you need the last Java 6 rc10.
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/ea.jsp
Just download, install, and then it will work.

On another note, JavaScript performances are great!

jayant:
Just configure is like this :)
-Dirhael (September 02, 2008, 04:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thank you Dirhael!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version