ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Mini-Review: Altiris SVS

<< < (5/5)

mitzevo:
Any updates recently? Any new users/comments for this software virtualization app? I would like to try, but the acquisition has kinda scared the shit outta me.

Paul Keith:
Same here. Thanks for bumping this up though mitzevo.

It's too bad really. If SVS was easy to use and got installed by Symantec, I might have risked at least their last version or the first Symantec version. At this rate though, much safer to trick new applications like using OpenOffice 3 and MS Office 2007 to get MS Office 2000 feel or something like that. Still would have liked to use this to beta test game versions for bugs.

I just don't get how Symantec is better at acquiring applications than even Google yet at the same time, it's probably the worst at improving the actual application. Freaking Microsoft does a better job and their business models aren't on software alone.

I don't even think Apple can package anything Symantec does to help sell it more. [/end rant]

Crush:
Altiris SVS is nearly perfect working for me. Additional community tools can be downloaded at juice. Why improving something that´s nearly perfect and free for private usage?

Carol Haynes:
Does it cope with Vista - and will it work with Win7? If not it will be dead soon unless Symantec plan to actually do something about it.

Crush:
Yes, it works with Vista.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version