ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Battery Icon Stuck ???

(1/3) > >>

gorinw13:

Hello... Sorry for posting here as I did not see any hardware section....

My problem is, when charging the battery, sometimes it stucks at a certain % and stays there -- no longer appears to be charged.... I do not know if it is related to battery life but I have been using the laptop for 2 years and I used it more than 95% of the times plugged in (of course sometimes there can be power failure that activates the battery)..... Fo more than a year my laptop is 24/5 open except for the weekends.... But I still do not believe the life of the battery is ended because when it is charged 100%, then it works for nearly 2 hours without plug --- as it is in its first day.....

When the battery icon is stuck, I remove the battery, and try to clean the metal parts (I do not know if it is necessary or not) restart the computer and sometimes the problem is solved... Removing the battery and putting it back I guess is what solves the problem (no longer  stuck and charges).....

What can be done to solve the problem?.... Is it related to to the connector parts of the batter or notebook?... Or any solution you can provide?..

Darwin:
Try this: put the battery in a plastic bag (ziploc would be preferable) and toss it in the freezer for about 24 hours and then try charging it again. It's worked for me in the past (nod to Ralf Maximus for the original tip!).

FWIW, this is likely a battery charge "memory" issue.

gorinw13:

Thank you Darwin for the reply... Actually a few hours ago I cleaned the battery metals with alcohol and it appeared to solve the problem.... But this would be a temporary solution as in the past it showed indications that it is solved and problem reappeared again..... So tomorrow or very soon I will apply your suggestion..... Thank you one more time.....

Darwin:
No problem! I've been plaqued by battery issues with every laptop I've had (six or seven at this point). One controversial tip is to charge it and then discharge it to about 50% and then remove it for storage if you are going to run off AC...

Glad you got the battery working for now and hope that you have some luck with the freezer trick.

gorinw13:
well the problem reappeared again and I used your freezer tactic Darwin - kept in the freezer for a day.... Fantastic..... I do not know if the battery indicator will stuck at a certain percentage again after some time when I recharge it but I can say that it charged 5 times or more faster than before, the time after the battery became problematic... This is just an update for the members who would have battery problems.... It really seems to work !!!! really fast charge and no stuck battery icon !!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version