ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

More On Best Western Attack

(1/1)

Ehtyar:
While Best Western continue to denounce claims their entire European database was compromised, reporters dig up the dirt. I'm not usually a fan of sensationalism, but there's some interesting details in this article.

Conflicting claims by Best Western and Glasgow's Sunday Herald over the scope of a recent security breach have been put under the microscope by security watchers. The paper claims that eight million records were potentially exposed, while the hotel insists only ten records were accessed.

Register readers familiar with Best Western systems said that the issue turns on whether the compromised PC was able to access the hotel chain's worldwide reservation system or only local data. The issue of whether archived data on guest records was accessible from the infected PC also comes into play.

--- End quote ---

Full Story

Ehtyar.

Deozaan:
Why would anyone care who had a reservation at a Best Western?

Ehtyar:
You missed the first Best Western post. The attackers stole credit card details in addition to customer information.

Ehtyar.

Deozaan:
Aha! Yeah I've hardly been on my PC this past week. Thanks for clarifying!

Ehtyar:
No probs :) Thanks for responding to my posts, it's nice to know people find this interesting too :D

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version