topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 1:15 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Lego Minifig Videos  (Read 3387 times)

Ehtyar

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Lego Minifig Videos
« on: August 25, 2008, 08:57 PM »
For the 30th anniversary of Lego Minifigs (the mini Lego people), Lego hosted a video contest.
To mark the 30th Anniversary of the minifig, Gizmodo is celebrating a video contest with Lego. The objective: to create a movie in honor of the minifig. The short could be made using any technique you want as long as it's creative and fun (check the full rules after the jump). The prizes? Huge ones. First, the most amazing vintage sets ever: the Galaxy Explorer and the Yellow Castle—needless to say, the value of these sets, which are new in their original boxes, goes off the charts. The third prize will be a special set designed by Lego owner Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen, plus there will also be smaller vintage space and town sets, a whole bunch of the new vintage minifigure series, and some newer sets for the runner-ups. Yes, a whole brickload of incredible stuff.

And if those prizes weren't enough to run to get your camera out, we have asked the best Lego movie directors—Nathan Wells, David Pagano, and Nate Burr—to create three exclusive movies to inspire you. Even if you are not participating, you really have to watch these.

Screenshot - 26_08_2008 , 11_52_12 AM.png

Full Story

Ehtyar.

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Lego Minifig Videos
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 10:11 PM »
I had one of those when I was a kid...and gave it away when I was 16 or so. Idiot me!!!!!!!!!

Taking a look at the LUG site I see a lot of LEGO Space Classic stuff that was given and/or saved for. To me that is. Man, this brings back memories of playing happily with this series (there was also 15 kilo's of other "standard" type LEGO as well).  :)

Here in Paraguay it is very hard to get your hands on this stuff and it's even more expensive that in Europe. Only the fake LEGO is reasonably available.