ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Circle Dock 0.9.2 Alpha 7 Discussion

<< < (16/21) > >>

VideoInPicture:
Question...any chance that, somewhere in the future multiple, independent (i.e. with different icons/links/etc) instances of the program could run at the same time?

(Or should I just do this by having two different CD folders in different locations under different names?)
-Rostam (September 07, 2008, 02:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Right now, Circle Dock will only allow you to run one instance of the program per computer even if you have separate folders with copies of Circle Dock. I purposely did this for 0.9.2 because I was afraid people were going to try to run multiple copies of Circle Dock from the same folder, which can work but then when you change some settings or add some icons, then things wouldn't save properly. It was just a way to try and make launching the program fool proof.

However, I do want to allow launching multiple instances of the program from separate folders. There is just one line of code I have to change that would allow this. Circle Dock 0.9.1 already allowed you to run multiple instances from separate folders. Perhaps I should just allow this for Alpha 8?

Rostam:
Right now, Circle Dock will only allow you to run one instance of the program per computer even if you have separate folders with copies of Circle Dock. I purposely did this for 0.9.2 because I was afraid people were going to try to run multiple copies of Circle Dock from the same folder, which can work but then when you change some settings or add some icons, then things wouldn't save properly. It was just a way to try and make launching the program fool proof.

However, I do want to allow launching multiple instances of the program from separate folders. There is just one line of code I have to change that would allow this. Circle Dock 0.9.1 already allowed you to run multiple instances from separate folders. Perhaps I should just allow this for Alpha 8?
-VideoInPicture (September 07, 2008, 03:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

I see your reasons for not allowing it. The reason I bring it up is that I think it would be useful to to have one "permanent" (perhaps immovable) dock somewhere on the screen and one callable dock as well. I've found CD incredibly useful as a callable dock, and have made it a permanent addition to the way I use my computer, but there are often times when I think that the combination mentioned above would end up being even more time-efficient, and I think being able to have a second CD instance for the permanent fixture would be an elegant way of doing it.

Come to think of it, would it be possible to include in a future release a setting that renders the dock immovable?

Curt:
http://www.freedownloadaday.com/ :

:up:

VideoInPicture:
Here's an interesting bug.  Launch the dock, then left-click and hold the mouse button down on the center icon.  While holding the mouse button down, hit your keyboard shortcut to toggle the dock.  The rest of the dock will disappear but the icon that is currently being clicked will remain.

I've also attached my auto-hotkey script to launch circledock by holding down the left mouse button followed by pressing the right one.  Note: your circledock keyboard toggle must be set to CTRL-ALT-Z for this to work.

-fleon (September 09, 2008, 11:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ok, I just fixed that bug for Alpha 8. I hope to get this out soon. It doesn't have everything I wanted done but there are enough useful features and bug fixes for a new release. I just have to get the translators to translate it to their languages.

As for your AutoHotkey script, I think quite a few people would be interested in that. I'll have to try it out!

fleon:
Vid, you rock.  Just wanted you to know that.   

I redid my script to use the middle button + right button and like that more than the left + right button.   I'll be glad to post that up too, if anyone wants it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version