ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Hands on A Hard Body Documentary: Full Length on Google Video

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
Updated first post with new link.

Rocker452:
Thanks for the updated link Mouser. It is from my hometown. It's a shame it had to end this way but in this lawsuit happy time it was a matter of time till it ended. I feel sorry for the guy's family but the lawsuit in my opinion was baseless, the guy knew the risks going in.

Veign:
Pretty cool video.

I remember the contest in Sad Diego called 'Whirl 'til You Hurl' where the contestants rode one of San Diego's big wooden roller coasters trying to win $50K.  After 10 Weeks (yes, 10 weeks) they still had 5 people not wanting to give up.

Crazy what people will do for a prize.

Deozaan:
I like the moral of the story from the documentary. They asked the winner if there was one thing they learned from all this, what was it. The winner replied:

"If you really want something, keep your hands on it."

40hz:
Thanks for the updated link Mouser. It is from my hometown. It's a shame it had to end this way but in this lawsuit happy time it was a matter of time till it ended. I feel sorry for the guy's family but the lawsuit in my opinion was baseless, the guy knew the risks going in.
-Rocker452 (August 30, 2008, 06:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Funny how easy it is to absolve someone of behaving irresponsibly by saying somebody else "knew the risks going in."

There are dozens of different ways this competition could have been conducted without resorting to something as dangerous as sleep deprivation - while still providing "strong entertainment value."

Time was when most people understood the meaning of the words "needless" and "sadistic."

Yeah guys, I definitely think there's a moral here. Just not the one the car dealership is pimping.

Sad. Really. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version