ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Graphics corruption -- Why?

<< < (2/6) > >>

Dirhael:
OK. Thanks for the advices guys. It seems pretty reasonable.
So I'll try reinstalling my drivers -- something I'm always a bit afraid to do... I often experienced severe problems when tinkering with video cards drivers.
DriverCleaner is trustworthy?
-Armando (August 24, 2008, 09:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't know how the free older version holds up today as I'm using the paid (frequently updated) one, but trustworthy? Absolutely, been using it for years :Thmbsup:

4wd:
DriverCleaner is trustworthy?
-Armando (August 24, 2008, 09:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I still use the really old version 3.3 from 2004, never had a problem with it.

Armando:
Many thanks! I'll take care of that tomorrow morning and will post back.

Armando:
Sorry to revive this old old old thread.

The driver thing never solved the windows button graphic corruption mentioned above.

I eventually got around it by skipping Standby mode altogether and just use hibernation. This worked for a long while, and now... the problem also happens when using (coming back from) hibernation!!  >:(

One clue that could help me to solve the problem -- maybe --  is that when Windows buttons are corrupted, it's impossible for different backup apps to rely on the Volume Shadow (Copy) Service . Basically, when buttons are distorted, I know for sure that VSS won't work.

Maybe some window expert here would know how these 2 problems could be linked ? That might help me solve the problem (instead of rebooting each time I need to do a full backup or bring back my buttons...).

Thanks

PS : I did many searches with different terms and never found anything interesting in relation to the problem. Terms I tried were: Window(s) button(s) corruption garbled
in different combination, of course. If you guys have any suggestion for a web search, I'm all ear as English is not my main language.

Curt:
Of course it would be best to solve the reason to the problem. But if no-one here at DC knows the right answer, and you still are using a custom theme, I will suggest you also try to use a default MS theme for a while, to see if the problem still shows up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version