ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Graphics corruption -- Why?

(1/6) > >>

Armando:
Often, after resuming from standby I get that kind of graphics corruption :

- for windows buttons

- in firefox, only in certain web pages

Refreshing the web page will not clear graphics problems.
As for the garbled windows buttons, I have to reapply my custom theme to get my windows buttons back.

Any ideas of why these graphics problems occur? It's been going on for a while and, unfortunately, I can't really remember when it started.  :-[

4wd:
Possibly since your last graphics driver update?

What happens if you minimise the windows, refresh the Desktop, then restore the windows?

fenixproductions:
My wild guesses:
1. graphic card's faulty drivers - reinstall them,
2. motherboard BIOS problem (same as here: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=16837).

If it would be the case of few applications only I could also point out some system's (or specific application's) libraries resposible for images handling (I've seen similar behaviour with bad libpng.dll).

4wd:
My wild guesses:
1. graphic card's faulty drivers - reinstall them,
-fenixproductions (August 24, 2008, 08:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

As per fenix, this is the first thing I'd try with the added step of removing them completely using DriverCleaner - DC Pro 1.5 is the last free version.

Armando:
OK. Thanks for the advices guys. It seems pretty reasonable.
So I'll try reinstalling my drivers -- something I'm always a bit afraid to do... I often experienced severe problems when tinkering with video cards drivers.
DriverCleaner is trustworthy?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version