ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

PC Upgrade - A few questions

<< < (6/7) > >>

nosh:
Here you go, tslim --> http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2749
I'm sure you'll find others coz I know I saw a few when I was looking into mobos.

Am working from the new machine -
Went for 4 GB RAM, after all & an ATI Radeon 4850, another Lashiec recommendation!  :)

I still have to play with the BIOS but the speed difference is pretty obvious - Firefox 2, which has tempted me on more than one occasion to put my fist through the display, takes 4 seconds to start.  :-*

I restored the last (Acronis) image from the old system and miracle of miracles, XP started without a hitch, literally saving me weeks of grunt work - I was expecting to have to run a 'repair' at the very least coz of the mobo/CPU change, but the computer gods must be in a good mood!

cranioscopical:
I restored the last (Acronis) image from the old system and miracle of miracles, XP started without a hitch-nosh
--- End quote ---

Holy mackerel!
I'd have liked a serving of that a few weeks back  :)

Lashiec:
I restored the last (Acronis) image from the old system and miracle of miracles, XP started without a hitch, literally saving me weeks of grunt work - I was expecting to have to run a 'repair' at the very least coz of the mobo/CPU change, but the computer gods must be in a good mood!
-nosh (August 28, 2008, 11:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wow, that's quite an unexpected event. A first I dare to say :)

BTW, talking about the 4 GB purchase, are you using or planning to use a 64-bit OS?

Darwin:
BTW, talking about the 4 GB purchase, are you using or planning to use a 64-bit OS?
-Lashiec (August 28, 2008, 07:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was wondering the same thing...

nosh:
Nope, I'm on 32bit - no plans on making the shift to 64 either. I was aware of the 3.x GB limit, FWIW, if that's why you're asking.

A first I dare to say :)
--- End quote ---
Maybe coz I prayed so damn hard?  :D

Forgot to mention this before:
WTF moment of the day: Gigabyte offering to install the Yahoo! Toolbar along with its chipset drivers. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version