ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

AirObic/ Aerobic Vertical mouse - first impressions

<< < (2/3) > >>

tomos:
Another alternative is the Evoluent Vertical mouse(http://www.evoluent.com/)
-kfitting (August 24, 2008, 05:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
more confusion with names,
apparently the Evoluent mouse = the Evolution mouse (maybe European/American naming). So that's the one my sister has
My sister has recently bought the Evolution vertical mouse & she's still not happy with it after two weeks. (she lives a good few thousand miles away so I cant drop by & check!)
--- End quote ---
says she finds it very heavy & hasnt yet gottten used to the new movements. I'll pass on your book recommendation to her.

How you hold your shoulders directly affects your wrists.  The book that's helped me the most in this area is "8 Steps to a Pain Free Back," which is $16 on Amazon.  (http://www.amazon.com/Steps-Pain-Free-Back-Solutions-Shoulder/dp/0979303605/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1219617750&sr=1-1)  My back, shoulder, and wrist pain has been reduced drastically using the methods in this book... $16 very well spent.  For those of you who like getting something for nothing, here is a youtube video of a seminar Esther (the author) gave at Google (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yYJ4hEYudE)-kfitting (August 24, 2008, 05:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
Agreed -
I used have much more problems with wrist/arm/elbow but simply attempting to sit straight/properly seems to have been the solution to most of them.
I suspect to be honest, that my shoulder problem is related to being stressed/tense when I work AND to using right-handed mouse with my left hand without changing the buttons around.

Will have to defer that video till later (it's over 50 minutes). Thanks for the links :)

kfitting:
Yeah, I was trying to just "sit up straight" before I got the book, then I learned what proper posture was!

But, if you already have decent posture (like my dad) you wont be amazed by the book.  It still helps and will make you more conscious of what you're doing, but it wont be as revolutionary.

Kevin

cranioscopical:

agreed, I shouldn't moan :) I think it's just the fact I'm so ambiguous about it ...
-tomos (August 25, 2008, 01:20 AM)
--- End quote ---
Not to mention ambidextrous  :)

A  good moan never hurt anybody...

Thanks, in part, to the revival of posture comments via this thread, I'm trying to remember to sit up straight.  The keyboard looks so far away!  ;)

Darwin:
I have one left hand and one right hand.-kfitting (August 24, 2008, 05:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Something else we share in common!

Seriously, though - why do you switch the hand you use between home and work? (Yes! I am a Nosy Parker...).

kfitting:
Well, at first it was just because my right hand hurt too much from using it all day at work then using it at night at home.  But, after the first day or so, it was more because it's a challenge.  Now, I barely notice which hand I'm using and I "feel more ambidextous."  I've always been slightly ambidextrous (I have a hard time figuring out which hand to hold a raquetball racket in), but it's more noticeable now. ... more of a conversation piece.

Using different hands is good, vertical mice helped the pain slightly, but posture is the most important change I made for wrist pain.

Kevin

Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version