ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

HowTo get back 'Image Dimensions' in Explorer?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Curt:
 :-[  :(  >:(

Today I removed PhotoPerfect ["PP"], and a variant of the same problem happened. This time it is the very File Type that is wrong. When PP was removed the .JPG images' thumbnails (from Xentient) immediately changed to a camera, and the listed .JPG file type all changed into "Microsoft Digital Image Document"!

The fixes from Phil will change the "Percieved Type" but not the "File Type".

Please, what to do now?  :tellme:

Edited:
I should clarify that the extension still is .JPG

Curt:
Hmm... I now realize that this file type, Microsoft Digital Image Document, merely comes from MS Digital Image Starter 2006 - which I had forgotten about. I will start by removing that program, reinstall Xentient, and maybe also install another editor, and then we will see.

Curt:
Removing Starter 2006 package helped, the visible file type in Explorer changed into the proper "JPG-File", but the .jpg icon was the same as Notebook's!, and when I looked in Folder Options > File Types, there was no ".jpg" listed at all!! I clicked "Change", and suddenly everything was in order again!!! Hmm... strange, but What the heck, now it is okay. Thanks for reading, and Sorry for taking up your time!!!!

Edited:
I forgot to make it clear that I am still missing the Image Dimensions.

Curt:
Re-reading this thread, I cannot believe I never asked the more logical question:
"What programs will add "Image Dimensions" to the Explorer columns?"

You see, the problem is still there: I have the column, Dimensions, but they are not listed:

By now I have absolutely no recall of the names of those program I removed some weeks ago, so I can't re-find the program - at least, I have not yet been able to. I guess it merely was a DLL, but I don't KNOW.

Are you having such a column in your image folder? From where did you get it?
Could you name some programs that add this feature? Maybe I can recognise the name as something familiar!
I really want to get back those Image Dimensions! 

cranioscopical:
Curt,
I've only skimmed this thread, so I might have missed this suggestion elsewhere.  Have you tried installing Xnview (link)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version