ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Request for suggestions: Group Bookmarking Tool

<< < (4/9) > >>

mwang:
I tried Delicious, Simpy, and ma.gnolia before settling on diigo. Don't remember why exactly I gave up on ma.gnolia anymore, but I just love the highlight tool of diigo toolbar. Diigo is also superior in bookmark management functions, though all of them are still short in this regard, IMO. Can't really comment on the "group" aspect, though, for I don't use that part yet.

raybeere:
Diigo explicitly has groups, which you can set up any way you like. If you need advice / help, I'll try to help you. Ma.gnolia, which, to be fair, started the whole existing ID thing to repel spammers, just doesn't have the features Diigo has. (You can comment, highlight, and add sticky notes right on web pages; any member of the group can add comments. Others can comment, if they also bookmark the site, but you can filter to only group messages.)

mouser:
i'm going to have to take another look at Diigo.

allen:
I used ma.gnolia for the last few years, it worked ok but generally was unremarkable and slow to evolve.  They're releasing it as an opens source, install it on your own server type thing soon. Conceptually cool, but I still don't find its featureset remarkable.  They released their feature set, then really stopped advancing ma.gnolia refocussing on boring web technologies. open id and such.

I'm totally sold on Diigo, right now, for bookmark management.. A few too many ads but the features are rock solid, and the FF toolbar is just amazing. (The Diigolet for everything else is good, too). I haven't gotten to use the group functionality first hand, but the tag/bookmark/list/etc. management is superb.

Paul Keith:
Just a heads up. Recent topics made in the Diigo group has shown problems with bookmark syncing with magnolia.

As far as the group goes, I second that Diigo is a decent to great way to go if you can tolerate the interface and the quirks.

For simpler purposes though, FriendFeed rooms might just be what you are looking for mouser.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version