ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Request for suggestions: Group Bookmarking Tool

<< < (2/9) > >>

housetier:
Except for clickpass I could choose any one method. But I still have my original magnolia account from before they decided to go this way.

Personally, I would go with OpenID. Now this means you have to find an openid-provider. This seems to be a problem in general: a lot of sites accept openid logins, but very few are full featured openid providers.

We could make donationcoder an openid provider...

mouser:
I think if you choose openid it will create one for you if you dont have one already.
If not, go ahead and create an openid identity for yourself, it's a good thing to have.

mouser:
I would really love help finding more reviews of dc software and events, so please join and help me bookmark sites.

mouser:
I strongly recommend the 2nd bookmarklet in the "Mark In Magnolia" section of this page:

http://ma.gnolia.com/support/bookmarklets

ps. for those of you who don't know how to use bookmarklets, you just click on the link, keep your mouse held down, and drag the link to your browser toolbar.

There is also a google toolbar button and a firefox extension, but neither of these works as well since they don't check for duplicates (or they can't add to groups).

app103:
Except for clickpass I could choose any one method. But I still have my original magnolia account from before they decided to go this way.

Personally, I would go with OpenID. Now this means you have to find an openid-provider. This seems to be a problem in general: a lot of sites accept openid logins, but very few are full featured openid providers.

We could make donationcoder an openid provider...
-housetier (August 24, 2008, 03:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Under the heading of AOL OpenID, all of the following account types should work. Just use the screen name portion of the email address:

* AOL
* AIM (yup, that's right...all 5 billion screen names you have made over the last 10+ years will work)
* Netscape (AOL owns Netscape, so your old netscape mail/messenger screen name will work)
* WMConnect (Walmart's discount dialup isp is a rebranded version of AOL)
Although AOL owns ICQ, I am unsure if ICQ numbers will also work, but you could try it & see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version