ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Request for suggestions: Group Bookmarking Tool

(1/9) > >>

mouser:
I'm hoping i can get suggestions for a Group Bookmarking web service/tool.

What i'd like to be able to do is manage a group of people who should be able to easily add bookmarks (with comments) to some group list, categorized or tagged in some way.

For anti-spam purposes, it should only accept additions by people on the approved list.
It should be really easy to add items, preferably using a firefox addon button or bookmarklet.

Here is how I would like to use it to give you a better idea of what i want:

* I'd like to work with a few other people collecting links to reviews of DC software or mentions of DC on the web.  And i'd like to be able to use it also for keeping a group list of items worth posting to the DC blog.
* So it should take just a click or two to add a web page that one finds to the group list.
* And i should be able to decide who has permission to join the group.
* When adding an item, the user needs to be prompted as to what tags or category to file the bookmark under.
* When adding an item, user should be able to add comments.
* I need to be able to browse the list of bookmarks easily and maintain them.
Bonus features would be the ability to make the resulting lists public in a nice way with web page thumbnails, so that this list could actually be used as the final output, rather than having to convert it, but that is optional.

Any suggestions?

mouser:
a metafilter page suggested ma.gnolia, which sounds like what i want:

Groups allow invited Ma.gnolia users to gather around a collection of bookmarks. A Ma.gnolia group can be a powerful resource for collecting bookmarks in any kind of team project, or it can just be a place for a group of friends to hang out and share stuff. Group Managers always have the option of making group contents visible to members only, so keeping some secrets and being yourself in a group is easy.
--- End quote ---

housetier:
...and now we need someone to improve the magnolia-addon for firefox, so it will support groups. (One of the comments suggested the addon is lacking group support).

mouser:
i've created a "DonationCoder" group on ma.gnolia:
http://ma.gnolia.com/groups/DonationCoder

it's a moderated group but i'd appreciate help adding links related to donationcoder, so if you want to help find dc reviews and mentions on the web it would be very welcome.  just join the group and let me know you want to be added as a moderator.

lanux128:
looks promising but to join, the website requests pre-existing ID it seems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version