topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:28 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: gratis Chromatic Puzzle  (Read 6838 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
gratis Chromatic Puzzle
« on: August 23, 2008, 01:12 PM »
ChromaticPuzzle http://puzzle.cynagames.com/ is now freeware

Freeware status

Q - Why is this a freeware game now?

A - The original author of ChromaticPuzzle, Valerio, is no longer part of its development, after selling his assets to Cyna Games. The new owner decided to make the game freely available partly because he was unable to figure out how the game is played.

Yes, he's a little slow. Or maybe it's just because he just hasn't had time to go through the game's help files and preferred to focus on his other two games. That will be the official answer, then.

The author would warmly appreciate that you do not tell anyone the unofficial reason. He still has friends who believe he's smart just because he made Kyodai Mahjongg all by himself. (The fools.)

CP_GameScreenshotLarge.jpggratis Chromatic Puzzle

Quote:
ChromaticPuzzle is a very unique puzzle game, totally different from any other game of the kind. The peculiarity of ChromaticPuzzle is that each "tile" is initially broken down into three "plates" of different color (red, green and blue). Reassembling these plates into tiles and rearranging the resulting tiles into the original image is the purpose of the game.

If it sounds like a rather minor difference, do try a game and you will quickly change your mind. ChromaticPuzzle requires lots of patience and skill and each game will keep you busy for many hours, or even days if you choose to play one of the largest puzzles with a huge number of tiles.

ChromaticPuzzle is powered by two engines (graphical and logical) that are efficient, robust and quite sophisticated. They provide excellent graphics and animation.

ChromaticPuzzle can generate a million billion different shuffles for each puzzle, which means that if you could play a game every second, twenty-four hours a day, you could expect to replay the same game after 33 million years or so!

ChromaticPuzzle includes countless outstanding features, among which are:

• open, save and delete a game

• open a recent game

• print a game

• select or delete a puzzle, with preview

• create a puzzle, with preview

• start, restart, select and pause a game

• undo move and redo move

• hint move

• flush, sort or remove elements

• select a player and modify players

• game and player statistics, with graphs

• game log

• highest scores

• grayscale puzzle background

• thumbnail

• check correct or incorrect elements

• selectable mouse pointer

• magnifying glass 2 x, 4 x or 8 x

• sound and music

• reset layout, thumbnail or recent games

• two selectable windows

• exhaustive online help with glossary

• automatic resizing

• automatic scrolling

• mouse wheel support

• and many more.

In addition, ChromaticPuzzle can be thoroughly personalized by means of a wide range of options, covering topics such as general features, bars, backgrounds, animation, sound and music.

http://puzzle.cynagames.com/download.php

tsaint

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Hi from the a*** end of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: gratis Chromatic Puzzle
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 11:35 AM »
Sort of mind-numbingly fun to play, but beware - it may not be possible (it's certainly not apparent) to save incomplete games. That option is greyed out in the version I downloaded today.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 11:40 AM »
i cant really understand how the game plays without running it.. i guess i'll have to give it a try. anyone want to try to explain first what the gameplay is like?

tsaint

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 08:34 PM »
The puzzle is created as follows:
- start with an image and cut it into different size/shape tiles like a jigsaw, except the tiles are either square (1x1 or 2x2 in size) else rectangular (1x2 or 2x1)
- for every tile, split tile into its R G B components, thus tripling the number of tiles. Shuffle them.
Now its ready to play.
You are given a full size greyscale image to place the tiles on, as well as a smallish full colour thumbnail as a guide.
Click repeatedly on a "next tile" button to get the next, randomly allocated, tile to place.
Similar to a jigsaw, place the tiles in the correct position (on the greyscale image). You need to place THREE tiles in the correct position (the R, G and B) tho.

If you don't know where to place the tile, drag it somewhere on the image out of the way until you can see where to put it.
Also, you can place one tile on top of another matching tile of a different colour, without them having to be in the correct position on the board.

That's basically it.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 08:49 PM »
ah i got it now.. sounds interesting, maybe ill give it a try.

tsaint

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 09:01 PM »
Last night, I couldn't save a .75 completed puzzle, tried today with a different one and I could. To avoid losing several hours messing about, I'd check the "save as" button b4 I was too far into a game