ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

opera downward spiral into oblivion: most sites don't work, they don't care

<< < (4/4)

urlwolf:
Looks like many users are reporting similar things. Small annoyances, but many a day, make it a bit too much:

http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=247337

However, 9.60 (alpha) was released today.
Great to see improvement in M2. And very innovative! Low bandwidth mode is a great idea. Congrats!

Opera Link
Custom search engines and typed history* are now joining bookmarks, speed dials, personal bar, and notes in Opera Link.

Feed Preview
Now you can preview an RSS/Atom feed before subscribing.

Opera Mail: Low Bandwidth Mode
Low Bandwidth Mode is a setting on mail accounts that makes Opera Mail use as little bandwidth as possible. For IMAP, this means that Opera will only synchronise new messages and it will not fetch message attachments unless requested. For POP, Opera will not fetch more than the first 100 lines of a message unless requested.

Opera Mail: Follow/Ignore threads and contacts
Follow and Ignore are new features for users that receive a lot of messages. It makes it easier to dismiss unimportant messages and easier to recognise important messages.

Opera Mail: Go To Thread
You can now also "Go to thread" which means that you can view only the messages from that thread. Useful for those that uses flat view.
--- End quote ---

zridling:
urlwolf, 9.52 works fine for Bank of America/US. I just have to make sure all the Java trash is turned on.

TucknDar:
Works fine with Skandiabanken as well.

And I was just in need of a mountain bike... ;)

Darwin:
Jeez, urlwolf - do you really need a bank account? I mean, with all those free mountain bikes, and shipping, your coffers must be draining fast!  ;D

Darwin ducks and runs for cover...

urlwolf:
37signals has an interesting post that somehow rings a bell on how Opera doesn't implement what users suggest (instead it comes out with things that are innovative, but not user-suggested, but that's another story):

http://www.37signals.com/svn/posts/1216-the-danger-of-laughing-at-your-customers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version