ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Latest Screenshot Captor Version's Tiny Initial Window?

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
What is happening now is that the default window for SC on the XP machine is only about 200 x 200 pixels; not enough to see much at all! It used to be roughly 800 x 600 pixels, maybe a bit smaller.  Now I always have to drag the corner of the window to get it big enough  to see anything. Once that's done it is fine - until I reboot.  Then it's back to the little window.
--- End quote ---

ok well thats a different behavior than the other problem, and should be easier to fix.  the old problem was more insidious -- it wasnt just a small window it was basically an un-rendered window which could not be used even if enlarged.

Grorgy:
I was using chameleon startup manager for a while, I use winpatrol now, not quite as configurable, but it works!, and it suits me fine, it also provides some added security to your system if you want it to, which I like (and by default, but you can configure that to what you want) you might like to look at it.  http://www.winpatrol.com/

J-Mac:
I was using chameleon startup manager for a while, I use winpatrol now, not quite as configurable, but it works!, and it suits me fine, it also provides some added security to your system if you want it to, which I like (and by default, but you can configure that to what you want) you might like to look at it.  http://www.winpatrol.com/
-Grorgy (August 25, 2008, 09:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

I know that Darwin mentioned WinPatrol last year. He mentioned that it has a delayed start feature, but I was on their web site earlier tonight and that is not mentioned anywhere.  Looks like he hasn't updated the info page in quite a while.

Chameleon has all the right features - actually a great feature set. But there are just too many little problems that drive me crazier than I already am!

Any applications for which I enter a startup delay start open, regardless of the mode selected: minimized, hidden. It just doesn't work.  It has a Check for Updates feature, but what it does is to open the browser and automatically download the latest version and then jump right into the installation immediately. That wouldn't be so bad except it does that even if you already have that version installed! IOW it does not tell you what the latest version is or whether it is the same as you have installed.  It just does all that anyway and then requires a system restart immediately.  If you checked Check for Updates five times in a row, it will download and install your current version five times.  Aarrgghh!  So you are forced instead to go to his site and check all the time first.  Which would be OK if he noted the latest version available, but he doesn't. I've checked and found the "Current Version" listed on the page as something that is 3 builds old. The new file may be what you download but the site doesn't identify it. And the filename and installer dialog doesn't identify the version either.  Just poorly done IMO.

OK - rant over!

Jim

Thanks!

Jim

J-Mac:
OK, I renamed ScreenshotCaptor.ini to ScreenshotCaptorOLD.ini and restarted SC.  Here's the first difference I found using CompareIt!:

[attach=#1][/attach]

The window was more like the size I had been getting before, but I'll have to wait for a reboot to see if it holds.  I suspect it will though.  I believe that it uses that .ini file to set the window size each startup, and the .ini file most likely keeps the same size setting as the previous start.

Thanks again!

Jim

J-Mac:
Uh-oh...  I spoke too soon.  Tiny again after a reboot.  I'm lost here as to why.  Still beats SnagIt by about a million miles, though.   :)

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version