ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Latest Screenshot Captor Version's Tiny Initial Window?

(1/4) > >>

J-Mac:
I'm not certain what could be causing this but when Screenshot Captor opens (which is with Windows upon bootup on my computer), its window is very tiny - about 1-1/2" square. I have to drag it open to its usual size.

This started right after I updated to 2.42.01. To rectify it, I dragged the window open to the usual size, exited SSC, and then restarted it. That put it at the right size for the rest of the session but rebooting causes it to open in a tiny window again.

What could cause this? Is there anything I can change in the program to fix it?

Thanks!

Jim

mouser:
does it seem like you are experiencing this bug: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=10455.0

the insane thing is that the new version *solved* this bug for the people who were experiencing it before.. and now it seems like the new version may actually be CAUSING it for someone who didn't get it before.. ugh!!!@!#!

can you tell me what your General Settings tab checkboxes are set to?
(ie: Start Minimized? Close to Tray? Inactive Memory Use?)

lanux128:
@J-Mac: since your bug appeared after the new version fixed the old one, try to rename your INI file and let SC create a new one and see if there is any difference.

J-Mac:
does it seem like you are experiencing this bug: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=10455.0-mouser (August 23, 2008, 08:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

No, I was seeing that one only on my notebook which is running Vista Ultimate. Never saw it on the Desktop running XP though.

What is happening now is that the default window for SC on the XP machine is only about 200 x 200 pixels; not enough to see much at all! It used to be roughly 800 x 600 pixels, maybe a bit smaller.  Now I always have to drag the corner of the window to get it big enough  to see anything. Once that's done it is fine - until I reboot.  Then it's back to the little window.

can you tell me what your General Settings tab checkboxes are set to?
(ie: Start Minimized? Close to Tray? Inactive Memory Use?)-mouser (August 23, 2008, 08:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm on my notebook now so I'll have to post back with that.  However to be honest I don't know that the settings will matter:  I use Chameleon Startup Manager and that overrides such settings.  And it actually does a poor job of it, at that. Almost every program that used to start minimized or hidden on its own starts maximized once you install Chameleon. I wrote the developer and he claims he's not seeing that on HIS computer - as if I care about his computer!!  I have seen this same behavior with Chameleon Startup Manager on three separate computers now: Two XP Pro and one Vista Ultimate. Shortly after startup or a reboot, I spend another minute closing all the open application windows!

BTW, that's the least of Chameleon's annoyances; I'm looking hard for a better startup manager solution. Know any?

Thanks!

Jim

J-Mac:
@J-Mac: since your bug appeared after the new version fixed the old one, try to rename your INI file and let SC create a new one and see if there is any difference.
-lanux128 (August 23, 2008, 10:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

That sounds like a plan, lanux.  I'll give that a try as soon as I am back at my desktop computer.

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version