ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: hotkey to toggle left/right mouse buttons

(1/2) > >>

tomos:
From this thread using 2 mice - can I have different settings for each? it looks like I cant have different settings for each. Deozaan & nite_monkey came up with this idea:

... Would there be some way that you could make an AHK program that would send the left mouse click when you physically right clicked, and vice verso
-nite_monkey (August 20, 2008, 04:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

it would have to be able to differentiate between the two mouses which I suspect might be impossible but it would be great
Any takers out there ?? or ideas on the subject ??
-tomos (August 21, 2008, 03:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Another idea would possibly be an AHK shortcut that would toggle the mouse settings to be lefty or righty.
-Deozaan (August 21, 2008, 01:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

IDEA is: to have a hotkey that would toggle settings for left and right mouse buttons
Ideally one hotkey would toggle settings but if that's not possible two different hotkeys would be fine
I was thinking RightAlt+M would be good (this is usually, but in my experience not always, same as Control+Alt+M but I'm sure you all willknow better than me :))

So I suppose, hotkey makes LeftButton=Right, Right Botton=Left, & then vice-versa
Could call it Ambidexterous-Mouser (seeing as "mouser" is hot-topic at the moment :p) or something like that :D

cranioscopical:
Could call it Ambidexterous-Mouser (seeing as "mouser" is hot-topic at the moment)-tomos
--- End quote ---
Hmmm... would it need a randomizer in order to cut out for unannounced periods?  ;)

lanux128:
i haven't read the the other thread yet but is this what you're looking for?

• Mouse key swap-over?

skrommel:
 :) Try SwapMouseButtons!

Just press Windows-S to swap the left and right mouse buttons.

Skrommel

--- ---;SwapMouseButtons.ahk
; Press Windows-S to swap mouse buttons
;Skrommel @ 2008

#SingleInstance,Force
SendMode,Input
SetWindelay,0
SetKeyDelay,0

#s::
RegRead,swapped,HKEY_CURRENT_USER,Control Panel\Mouse,SwapMouseButtons
If swapped<>1
{
  Run,RUNDLL32 USER32.DLL`,SwapMouseButton
  RegWrite,REG_SZ,HKEY_CURRENT_USER,Control Panel\Mouse,SwapMouseButtons,1
}
Else
{
  Run,RUNDLL32.EXE SHELL32.dll`,Control_RunDLL main.cpl @0`,0
  WinWait,ahk_class #32770
  WinActivate,ahk_class #32770
  WinWaitActive,ahk_class #32770
  Send,%A_Space%{Enter}
  RegWrite,REG_SZ,HKEY_CURRENT_USER,Control Panel\Mouse,SwapMouseButtons,0
}
Return

tomos:
:) Try SwapMouseButtons!
-skrommel (August 22, 2008, 06:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks Skrommel  :up:  :D

I've only gotten round to trying that today - I had to give my left arm a rest so was just using right mouse for the last week (I'm left-handed)

Anyways,
when I click Win+S first a small "0" in a box shows just SE of cursor,
when I click again, a "1" shows again just below/right of cursor
These dont go away, I mean there's always one of them there ..

But a bigger problem is that on second click the mouse settings box opens - it opens the logitech tab with a wizard to help you asking which side of keyboard the mouse is etc.

I will try uninstalling the logitech soft - only installed it to see could I get around this problem some way - and see if that helps
Was thinking maybe it using this hotkey too but can find no indication othat - but you never can tell !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version