ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Beware the Google Threat - Big Fat Ass Brother (BFAB)

<< < (2/5) > >>

kartal:
I am not acting based on paranoia, it is not like I think that they are after me or something. I just think that they should have no business in my online behaviour. The fact is that these kinds of practices and policies will never get better, will just get worse until "you" say them stop.

This can be a similar argument like protesting companies like pepsi`s and cocacola`s aggressive marketing tactics(especially to children and under developed world) . Everyone would say well if I stop drinking pepsi it wont haver any affect on the company. That is not true! If you drink 1 pepsi every couple days that is like 100-150$ a year (per person). So yes you as an individual counts, every action yout take counts. Otherwise why would Google go through hassle of creating services like gmail and spreadsheets to service you, market to you? Because every individual counts that is why they set cookies that never expires on your computer.

I still wonder why people are so darn paranoid about cookies. Get an ad blocker, and possibly noscript if you're paranoid about flash exploits (like me :)), but cookie blocking? Come on, that's going over the top.

I'm not particularly fond of the way we're being watched, but google is my least concern (I don't do gmail) - I'm much more afraid of things like Carnivore. And tbh, if I have to watch ads, I'd rather have ads that might actually interest me - so yay google analytics.
-f0dder (August 22, 2008, 08:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Edvard:
... I'm much more afraid of things like Carnivore...
-f0dder (August 22, 2008, 08:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
Just for the info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnivore_(FBI)

alivingspirit:
 :o That is scary! How real is this?

f0dder:
:o That is scary! How real is this?
-alivingspirit (August 22, 2008, 05:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
Real enough. And more efficient than the wikipedia article says :)

mitzevo:
How does Googlelon or Googlevore sound.. lol.. but that's what I was meaning.. Big G may become bigger than them all.. And then the gov will own it by then ofcourse..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version