ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Name The Best UNZIPPER!

<< < (5/10) > >>

40hz:
I'm surprised that IZarc isn't mentioned. It's the only one I use and I'd rather fight than switch.
-Cuffy (August 23, 2008, 11:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm also a big fan of IZarc. But I recently switched to TUGZip as my primary archiving tool after I started running into some weird lockups and other issues with IZarc. The most frequent problem was that the application started having problems closing when I was done with it. And once in a while it would hang when extracting a large archive. A reinstall didn't completely cure the problem, and I couldn't seem to spot what was causing it. Has anybody else run into this?

Anyway, I now use TUGZip for my day to day needs. But I still keep IZarc on my machine for occasional use.

RedPillow:
Hmm.. i would suggest program called "winrar" i use it all the time!  :)
if you ask me ill give 4,5 stars to it!
Try it and enjoy  :)

CleverCat:
I use Winrar Unplugged - portable - I just fire it up (using FARR of course!) when needed!  ;D

searchingforsurf:
I prefer 7-zip

ed_cardinal:
I must say 7-Zip is the current best. It's FREE, fast, straightforward, and handle a lot of types. It's also available in a Portable version; I carry it on my thumbdrive just in case.

PeaZip is cute and easy, probably better for the complete archive novice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version