ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA : script which popup browse dialog and generate shortcut

<< < (2/3) > >>

lanux128:
First the text in the browse dialog : "select a folder that is to be processed. Note: A shortcut will be created on the Desktop"
(yes I'm french ;D)-Coldiffusion (August 21, 2008, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
hehe, i based the script from your earlier screenshot. no worries i'll add an ini entry for you so that you can alter text into French. :)

Second thing, the icon of the shortcut :

As I dont want the user to be asked to choose the icon of the created shortcut, I'm trying to change the icon of the console exe of Aid4Mail, "a4m.exe" (which dont have any icon) so the shortcut will have the icon I choosed for a4m.exe-Coldiffusion (August 21, 2008, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
i didn't know that a4m.exe is a console program. i was thinking of something else then when i put prompt on create thing. :) i guess an ini entry will do the trick here as well. will update the above in a while.

lanux128:
ok, i've added the new INI entries. rename or delete the old ini file before running the new version. btw, you can also specify the icon number for DLL or EXE files. :)

Coldiffusion:
2 last things and it will be perfect !

Add a line in the ini to choose the name of generated shortcut (this "Process '%getNameNoExt%' Folder.lnk"
Remove (or hide ?) the choose_n_create icon tray (if it's possible)

Btw thanks again for your fabulous quick job !

when my friend talk me about donationcoder, I couldn't imagine this community was this fast answering problems that would took me days or weeks  :P

Merci !  :-*

lanux128:
Add a line in the ini to choose the name of generated shortcut (this "Process '%getNameNoExt%' Folder.lnk"
Remove (or hide ?) the choose_n_create icon tray (if it's possible)
-Coldiffusion (August 22, 2008, 12:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
hehe.. i knew you'd want to change that very English shortcut name. ;) so here's another two values for you to modify.

ShortcutName - to make the shortcuts unique, i still suffix them with the folder name. let me know if you have other preferences.
NoTrayMenu - no tray icon shown and this will also make the script auto-exit after the shortcut is created.

when my friend talk me about donationcoder, I couldn't imagine this community was this fast answering problems that would took me days or weeks-Coldiffusion (August 22, 2008, 12:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
yes, you just gotta love this place. :)

Coldiffusion:
almost almost perfect !  :tellme:

after choosing the folder, a dialog popup with the shortcut name

A way to avoid that ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version