ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Odd FF3 Problem... sucking up bandwidth

(1/3) > >>

PaladinMJ:
Whenever I open FF3 I notice Netmeter's speed gage showing my download speed spiked out to max. I have run Spybot search and destroy.. Windows defender, Spyware doctor, mcafee security suite and a-squared Anti-Malware without detecting anything unusual. I'm going crazy trying to find out the problem. I'm assuming malware, Trojan/virus etc. but can't find anything running that I can't verify. And the problem is only when I use Firefox not I.E. but a good few of the sites I visit absolutely will not work right in IE.

I have even run Hijack this, and don't think i see anything that is odd. Though I admit my knowledge of Hijackthis is not good. Process explorer shows nothing odd, neither does tcpview that I can tell.

If you all need more info please let me know. Any help solving this will result in some credits heading your way as thanks for relieving the frustration. I've been at this for 8 or 9 days now i guess.

:(

justice:
what addons are you using? Foxmarks for example will sync your bookmarks on start depending on your settings.

housetier:
or maybe it's trying to download an update...

Lashiec:
Also, Firefox does call home on startup for various things (checks for addons updates, renew the phishing and malware blacklists, etc.). How much data is being downloaded and during how much time?

f0dder:
The thing you need to tell us is whether this is just a momentary spike, or if it's like that all the time you're running firefox. As other people have already suggested, there's legitimate reasons for a (relatively) short spike at startup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version