topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 7:12 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: FARR on Download Dispatch  (Read 3178 times)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
FARR on Download Dispatch
« on: August 19, 2008, 09:14 PM »
Dunno if this has been posted, I just got my email...

If you're familiar with Windows application launchers (aside from the "Run" button), you probably already know all about Launchy, a simple utility that finds and runs/opens programs, files, music, Web searches, and bookmarks. Launchy has earned a big fan base because of its simplicity and efficiency. However, two new free launchers have their sights set on Launchy's user base.

Yesterday, the tech site Lifehacker featured Executor, a free release from Martin Bressman that expands upon Launchy's run functionality. Executor has a slick interface and is a no-brainer for keyboard maniacs. All of your favorite software, movies, and music can be started with easily customizable keywords.

Another popular program on the rise is the Find and Run Robot (or FARR) from DonationCoder.com. Although FARR is styled more like a search tool than a launcher, once you find what you're looking for, FARR lets you start applications, send e-mail, and perform quick Web searches. It uses adaptive caching to learn which programs and files you use most, and it's also been extended with free add-ons for services like Google Maps and compatibility with alternative browsers like Opera.

Do you use a launching application, or is the classic combination of the Windows Start button and Run functionality good enough? Tell me about it in the blog.

Full page here: http://www.download....st=1&tag=nl.e415