ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

using 2 mice - can I have different settings for each?

(1/4) > >>

tomos:
I have used two mice before but they were both righthanders
I was happy enough using the righthand settings with my left hand - in fact I've gotten very used to that

I just today got a lefthanded vertical mouse.
Partly because of what I saying above & partly because of the mouse design, I find it easier to use the lower button as the click button (this being the opposite of default settings)
I'm now also using a right handed mouse to help ease the work for my poor suffering left arm (suffering anyway but also finding it strenuous adjusting)
Problem is when I change the settings on the left mouse, it changes the settings on the right too
This is still the case when I install the vertical mouse driver - I havent tried installing Logitech drivers (for the older mouse) but iirc that's the same in that it just ties into windows mouse settings (?)

I'm not sure what to do - whether to stick to default left mouse behaviour & hope I get used to it ..
or
other IDEA
is to find some way to control the button settings individually on each mouse -
anyone got any ideas there?

PS decided against posting in Drawing with 2 mice cause that's a different idea again - having two independent cursors/arrows

Deozaan:
As far as I know, the answer is no. Unless you wanted to open up your mouse and change the wiring around on the inside. :Thmbsup:
Actually, I don't know why people just don't design left handed mice/mouses/mieces that way. I'm brilliant!  :graduate:

kartal:
I wish that it was possible to have double independant mouse ipointers on the screen as well :) Then one could use 2 mouse simultaneously!

cranioscopical:
I have used two mice before but they were both righthanders
I was happy enough using the righthand settings with my left hand - in fact I've gotten very used to that...
anyone got any ideas there?-tomos (August 19, 2008, 12:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

With dexterity such as that I think you should have entered the Olympic Mousing event.  :)

AndyM:
Could you find a mouse that you could use backwards?  I've just been fooling with the little portable mouse I carry, and I can use it so-so facing the other way (so with my left hand I still double "left" click with my index finger)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version