ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best Personal Translation/Dictionary/Thesaurus Software?

<< < (2/4) > >>

m_s:
There is another thread somewhere around here, in which Mouser and I were singing the praises of Visual Thesaurus.  I still love that!  I have used the pc-based Collins English Dictionary and Thesaurus for years - it's dull but dependable.  In the UK you can sometimes pick it up real cheap, as you can a similarly dull but dependable old Oxford digital edition.

moerl:
Did anyone here buy the desktop version of visual thesaurus? If so, could anyone post screenshots? Thanks :)

m_s:
I have it, but not running on the machine I'm on right now - however, here's a link to ThinkMap's press centre, which has some images: http://www.thinkmap.com/vtpresskit/#scr

vegas:
I agree, that does look like a tasty little app! Love to hear more from someone who uses it regularily.

m_s:
I do.  My only reservations are that it is slanted towards US English, and it's a bit of a resource hog - but since I usually have it open while I'm doing a particular job - i.e. writing - and not the rest of the time, that doesn't bother me.  And I should say that I sometimes opne it up and look up words just to watch the cool animations!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version