Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 19, 2014, 12:53:49 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Backup4all 4 BETA released  (Read 4964 times)
Softland
Software Author
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: August 18, 2008, 08:18:07 AM »

Backup4all is a backup utility that allows you to easily backup to any local or network drive, backup to FTP (with support for SSL encryption, proxy server, passive mode), backup to CD/DVD, or other removable media (such as USB drives).

This is a BETA release intended to allow users to test and evaluate version 4 of Backup4all, but it is not recommended for production use.

What's new in Backup4all 4 BETA:
  • Completely rewritten to allow backing up large number of files and folders with moderate resource usage
  • Option to compress and encrypt files individually when using mirror backup
  • NTFS permissions and alternate streams are now copied in mirror backups
  • Backup can now be paused/resumed/stopped
  • Backup/Restore/Test/Cleanup history
  • Automatic updates
  • Back up empty folders
  • Added startup window with shortcuts to main operations
  • New Views: Backup and Brief
  • New option to lock program interface
  • Possibility to set memory usage for backing up
  • New option to allow adding predefined filters
  • MSI setup for automatic deployment

Download: Backup4all 4 BETA | 9.5MB (Shareware)
News source: Source
Screenshot: >> Click here <<

For feedback regarding this beta version please email us at support[at]backup4all[dot]com

Softland
Software Author
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 03:00:46 AM »

The final version of Backup4all 4 was released.
What's new in this version (some of the features were already presented in the beta version):
  • Completely rewritten to allow backing up large number of files and folders with moderate resource usage
  • Option to archive and encrypt files individually when using mirror backup
  • Backup can now be paused/resumed/stopped
  • Backup/Restore/Test/Cleanup history
  • Automatic updates
  • Back up empty folders
  • The new version has a redesigned interface with a new Backup Properties section.
  • “Getting Started” window with shortcuts to main operations
  • NTFS permissions and alternate streams are now copied in mirror backups
  • Additional views: Backup View and Brief View
  • Option to password protect program interface
  • Set memory usage for backing up
  • Create and use predefined filters
  • Limit the number of file versions
  • MSI setup for automatic deployment
  • Added new views for the backup groups/jobs in the backup list
  • Search as-you-type for backup jobs/groups in backup list
  • Added combo-box to easily filter backup groups
  • Plugin manager to easily add/remove plugins
  • Multiple files/folders can be selected in Sources folder tree in New Backup Wizard and Backup Properties

Download: Backup4all 4 | direct link (9.6MB) | (Shareware)

P.S. Just as a note, we've released a portable version of Backup4all that should work on any external USB stick/drive. Previously we only had a portable version for U3 devices, now it doesn't matter what USB stick you are using - http://www.backup4all.com/portable-backup.php
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 05:17:08 AM by Softland » Logged

tranglos
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 05:40:27 AM »

Very nice, thank you for posting. I especially welcome the ability to pause jobs while they're running.

Is this a free or paid upgrade for 3.x users, please? (The upgrade page on your site says to visit tomorrow, the same it said yesterday smiley Naturally, I wouldn't like my registered version to revert to a 30-day trial.)

I settled on Backup4All abut two years ago, having tested most if not all of the alternatives discussed here on DC, and it has not failed me once. I still have a wishlist though - is it OK to post feature suggestions here?

« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 06:16:59 AM by tranglos » Logged

Softland
Software Author
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 08:12:26 AM »

Is this a free or paid upgrade for 3.x users, please? (The upgrade page on your site says to visit tomorrow, the same it said yesterday smiley Naturally, I wouldn't like my registered version to revert to a 30-day trial.)
We're working on the update system and it will be available in about 1 hour. However the upgrade from previous versions is not free, unless you bought it in the last three months (it seems you have it registered since 2 years ago).

As for the suggestions, please send them to support[at]backup4all[dot]com.

Also, if you have Backup4all 3 registered and installed on your computer, when you download and install Backup4all 4 that one will be installed separately. So you can still have Backup4all 3 running and registered, while testing Backup4all 4 (30-day trial available). However, please note that if you import your backup jobs from Backup4all 3 to Backup4all 4, you won't be able to use them again in Backup4all 3.

zw
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 12:07:29 PM »

I bought Backup4All in late July of this year.   Would I qualify for a free update?

Inputted the key into the upgrade form on the site but it said it would cost $19.98.

Softland
Software Author
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 03:03:54 AM »

I bought Backup4All in late July of this year.   Would I qualify for a free update?
Inputted the key into the upgrade form on the site but it said it would cost $19.98.
Hi,
Yes you do qualify, please send an email to sales[at]backup4all[dot]com with your registration name/email and key. They will send you back a new key. We're going to send an email to all users that qualify for a free upgrade, but this way you can obtain it faster. Thank you.

Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 05:11:11 AM »

FYI:

Quote from: support@backup4all
We do not recommend to use Backup4all in order to backup system files / installed software.
We encourage users to use it only for their own work: files and folders.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 09:15:35 AM »

I've recently been trying Backup4all and really like it.  thumbs up thumbs up
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.034s | Server load: 0.01 ]