topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 3:51 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: URL Snooper 2 Setting File  (Read 9255 times)

tymonator

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
URL Snooper 2 Setting File
« on: August 17, 2008, 09:24 PM »
OK... maybe someone in the forum has this answer.

I recently installed URL Snooper 2 on my HP TX2120US Tablet PC running Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit.
After refusing to find my network adapter I decided to run the program with "run as administrator". Immediately it found
the network adapter and I began snooping (NO PROBLEMS). When done I shut down the program. When I fired it up again
"as administrator" it failed to snoop. ???? I uninstalled everything several times over / I changed the auto detect settings
several times over and nothing. Finally I decided to locate the folder where URL Snooper 2 resides and I deleted the "SETTINGS"
file and ran "as administrator". Found the network adapter and started working again. Now I am not a URL Snooper 2 genius so
I am wondering if there is a solution other than having to delete the "settings" file every single time before I start URL Snooper 2?

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tymonator

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: URL Snooper 2 Setting File
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 06:27 AM »
Clearly there is a bug somewhere, but i'm not sure what the bug might be.
Can you try to reproduce the problem, and when you restart it and it fails, go into advanced mode and look at the network adapter list and see if your adapter is there.  Let's see if we can't figure out what it is about your settings file that messes up.  And also please do make sure you have latest version installed.

tymonator

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 12:12 PM »
When I delete the "settings" file and start up URL Snooper 2 it starts in basic mode and by the time I hit advanced mode it finds the network adapters and works fine. When I try to reopen URL Snooper 2 without deleting the "Settings" file it boots into advanced mode and all the previous network adapters are there even if I had previously turned off the auto detect network adapter and when I surf the net it doesn't work.

Not only does it not work but whether or I run as administrator or not the program refuses to shut down correctly if I try to retest the network adapters.

Weird.

If you need more info I will be more than glad to give it.

Thanks

Tymonator

soundpro69

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 06:54 AM »
For everyone on VISTA:

Try this:

Logged on an account that has Administrator rank, open "Computer" *meaning launch Explorer) and go to C:\Program Files\. Scroll down until you find the folder where you installed URLSnooper, typically URLSnooper2. (I removed the number 2 in mine). Double-click in it. Visualize the executable file URLSnooper.exe. Right-click on it and choose properties from the context menu. Select the compatibility tab and at the bottom tick Run this program as administrator.

Every time you run the program now it will ask for permission (or ask even for an administrator password if you run it from a regular user account) but at least once it opens it will find your network card(s).

Good luck!

Cheers.

Gabe.

v.mazzotta

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 08:43 AM »
I have Vista x64 Ultimate and I installed UrlSnooper 2.22.0.1 but don't recognize internet adaptator.

Urlsnooper 2 is been downloaded today and activated by key. I used in past other pc and laptop and work fine but not with Vista X64 Ultimate OS.

I have a connection via HSUPA on Vodafone Italy (mobile operator Download: 7Mb Upload: 2Mb) by usb key. I don't have problem to download, browse, telnet, remote desktop and ecc... but not work Urlsnooper 2.22.0.1 because tell me that don't have internet line.

Firewall is down

Urlsnooper is setted as administrator privilege, but not work.

Somebody have news about this bug?

Kind Regards
Vincenzo

krunthip23

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 05:36 AM »
same here, the latest and previous versions have problems with auto detection my NIC.
Pitty it has nothing to do with admin rights because it shows the NICs but not the active NIC.

skas

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 06:33 AM »
I've got this problem too with the latest URL Snooper. Fortunately, I had an old copy on my hard drive, and reinstalled that -- it doesn't search for a network adapter, so it works fine.

(Well, it sort of works fine. Lately, w/ Flash audio, etc, I haven't had much luck snagging URLs useful for downloads.)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 08:14 AM »
krunthip23 and skas -- this is very important for me to understand --
are you saying that the new versions dont AUTODETECT your adapter, BUT they do show it in the list of adapters if you go into advanced mode? (if so then just disable autodetect and select manually).

OR are you saying that in the new version of url snooper, the proper network adapter is not even LISTED in the advanced view dropdown box and so you can't even select it manually?