ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What is a mouser? What does it mean to mouser someone?

(1/9) > >>

Josh:
As many of our users are aware, DonationCoder.com has an IRC channel which allows users to chat in realtime with one another. Well, in this channel, we have developed a term which we wanted the entire community to become familiar with. This term is mouser (Verb). The definition of mouser is "To purposely leave a conversation, or gathering, without notice or intent of returning for at least a 2 hour period". An example of it's usage is "Man, that guy just mousered me.". Well, our administrator, mouser, is the founder and originator of this term. Mouser's personality often times finds him leaving a conversation, much like someone with ADD, for a random task such as fixing his air conditioner, getting dental work performed, or upgrading his homemade Book Case.

So, if you happen to stop by the channel, or have been "mousered" yourself, please post here and let us know!

PhilB66:
You should update this page with the new term  :D

Josh:
Hah! Good idea! When I get back from lunch I will do so!

mouser:
 :mad:

mouser:
It should be noted i did not originate this term, DC Member KenR did, and i tried valiantly and unsuccessfully to keep it from entering the lexicon.

It should also be noted that i get accused of mousering someone after as little as a 30 second delay in responding! quite unfair i say.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version