ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What do you do during your free time?

<< < (6/11) > >>

40hz:
Hmm... looks like it might have been interesting! Was on when I was living in the UK without a tv, hence my ignorance...
-Darwin (August 22, 2008, 01:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't feel bad. The network that bought it seemed to be bending over backwards to screw it up: episodes run out of sequence; weird time slots; irregular intervals between episodes, etc. It was almost as if they wanted it to fail. You can read all about it up on the fan sites.

Since it's gone - and won't be coming back - you could also start with the feature movie Serenity. WARNING: There are three major spoilers in the film (two of which are what used to be called "absolute bummers"), so if you want the full "Firefly experience" you'll have to watch the episodes first. (I didn't)  The episode entitled Our Mrs. Reynolds is an absolute gem. It contains some priceless dialog that sets much of the tone for all the later episodes.

There are probably a lot better uses for $50 than to buy the DVD set of Firefly. However, I can't think of very many. ;D

Shades:
Firefly...the most brilliant work of Joss Whedon (also created the TV series: Buffy the vampire slayer and it's spinoff Angel). Snappy humor and great (sometimes disturbing) story lines without (too much) political correctness...the 'Way of the (wild) west', but then in space. Absolute brilliance I tell you  ;)

Darwin:
Right then - off to a video rental place to see if I can get the DVD... Must remember to follow that up with Serenity!

wreckedcarzz:
If I am not doing something that I would define as work (yard/computer/schoolwork) I either program, or play games. I am a big fan of driving games (always have been) as well as FPS games. If I am bored of everything I have available to play (over 70GB of games) I usually end up deleting stuff from my PC to make room for another game.

The never ending cycle of data vs games. The winner: certainly not the hard drive! ;D

Dell[a]:
I will come at this from another point of view- since I, myself, am not a programmer... But, I am married to the biggest computer geek on the planet (points at Gothi[c]).
I can safely say that if it was not for me? he would not even know what "outside" looked like, or even know that people existed in flesh form.  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version