ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What do you do during your free time?

(1/11) > >>

alivingspirit:
After programming for the past two months, I'm really starting to get into the whole mindset of programming.
However, ( now don't take me too seriously ) I wonder how this is going to effect me.  :D
Am I going to slowly turn into an antisocial slob who remains unmarried, plays lots of MMOs, and has more virtual friends than real friends?

Or is that all really a mistaken stereotype?
If it is, what do coders really do in their free time?
If not, why is this so?   

Shades:
It is very likely that I am going to score points for the stereo-typical camp with this comment...but hey!

When I have free time I play Advanced Dungeons and Dragons (2nd Edition...for other die-hards here?  ;)) or prepare stuff for playing. A lot of the free hours (or should I say 'wee hours') also go into playing online race games.

And the biggest problem of all this is that in this country there are more women than men...and since I am a 'gringo' here a lot of females take notice of me when I do go and/or eat out. It's always a topic of conversation between me and my friends here. ;)

I know, I know...time to grow up!  ;D

zridling:
I play way too much chess. Otherwise, I'm obsessive about getting rid of clutter in closets, the garage, and the basement. (My mom is one of those nuts who hasn't thrown anything away since the 70s and it FREAKS ME OUT.)

Darwin:
I read a lot. I go in cycles - I'll read one fiction author obsessively and then swtich to non-fiction and read in one subject area for a while, usually peripheral to, but sometimes spot on, my PhD disseatation topic. I also love to ride my bike in the early morning and spend time with my kids. Finally, I like to make clutter - I let it accumulate until it reaches a critical mass and then go a de-cluttering orgy because I really can't stand it (clutter - orgies are OK)!

Sugar:
I shoot every living thing I can find.  Also some dead things. (photography).  Mainly I shoot landscapes, but occasionally I surprise me with portraits.  Lots of opportunity in this Wild, Wonderful West Virginia place. 

I'd like Darwin to come visit when he's at Critical Mass stage.  Our closet needs some SERIOUS attention.  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version