ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any virtual printer for .doc or .rtf?

(1/6) > >>

Curt:
I am tired of the poor quality my various virtual pdf printers are giving me; they are not good enough! My favourite news site is always displaying a "facts box" to the right of the article, and just too often this box will be displayed below the main text, (so 1½ page becomes 3 pages, even if I use 'landscape'), when virtually printed, and is even cut off at the end!! Maybe the news site is to blame, or maybe I have purchased crap ware, I don't know. But I do know that the result is unacceptable when you "print" an article, and the end of the important 'facts box' is missing.

So I am remembering the old days at the local library (I didn't have a Internet connection at home), when I would copy and paste the various articles into Word documents, which I could read at home, and then comment or otherwise edit ('after-editing' documents is too difficult with .pdf files, I think; Word is so much easier to use). My reaction is that I no longer want to print to .pdf (or to .emf), so I have been searching for virtual printers, but I have not yet seen any program that will print to .doc or .rtf, which are my preferred formats. Do you know of any of the kind, please?

Edited:
I don't want to edit the entire page. I am of course thinking about the common feature: "print article".

Darwin:
I may be way off-base here, but have you tried Clickbook or Fineprint, either of which *may* address your problem?

Dormouse:
Well there's ePrint & presumably others. Not tried it much, so couldn't recommend it (or not).

Darwin:
Another option would be something like the now unsupported (and unavailable?) NetSnippets or Evernote, both of which will allow you to remove graphics and indeed whole sections of webpages saved by them. You could then print to pdf...

Curt:
I guess e-print is what I was asking for. I might try it later, I think. Both Clickbook and Fineprint(+ PdfFactory) is looking very nice. Now, if only I had some money; all three are $49, each...

Thanks a lot to both of you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version