ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Older Newsletters

Newsletter For August 14th, 2008 - Codename "Software Summer Sizzle"

<< < (2/3) > >>

TucknDar:
I guess the good thing with only one newsletter per month, is that it's looong and thus involves more reading of interesting stuff from DC!

Thanks !

edbro:
It would be nice to see more of a overlap or offset on the discounts<->Giveaways. I mean, do I get Jungledisk now at a disount or do I wait to see if I win a free one? The discount expires at the end of the month, just as the giveaways are announced.

mouser:
edbro -- this has always been a tricky problem.  having the giveaway overlap the discount means many people wait before buying.  currently the solution is ok, we do the giveaway on the 20th which gives people 10 days at the end of the month to buy with the discount after the drawing ends.  but maybe there is a better way?  one solution would be to run the discount in one month, and give away copies like 2 months later, which would mainly go to people who for whatever reason missed the discount.  the only weird thing would be that each month the discounts and giveaways would be for different items, which makes things a bit more confusing.

Midnight Rambler:
Always look forward to this newsletter.  It's as friendly as the forum is. 

Deozaan:
Great newsletter!

As for the information on the giveaway/discounts, I think you should do the giveaway first to let people use the software and write about how awesome it is, then a discount the next month or later so people can get hyped up about buying the software.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version