ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Favorite part of the Beijing Olympics so far?

<< < (4/11) > >>

Josh:
We should have a DC olympics in celebration of the real ones! We could have a coding contest to see who can code an app the fastest. Make a task for the app to perform, and see who can write it the quickest. Specify a start date and time so all will know when to check the boards, then start the timer and go!

allen:
Personally, I love the olympics--I think maybe the world might be a better place if we more often than once every two years put aside the bullshit to have a play date.

As far as events go--my wife is a fan of the gymnastics, I don't mind watching them with her.  I've been following the swimming, witnessing the undisputed greatest swimmer in recorded history is something to behold. On the other hand, I feel awful for the rest of his team who're completely overlooked. (How furious must the guy who won the relay for them have been at the race being referred to as Phelp's 7th gold every other minute).

I'm disappointed that I missed handball yesterday, was looking forward to that.

Forgot to add...

Tom Cruise's [...]
-Darwin (August 13, 2008, 10:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

I absolutely agree with your rant about Tom Cruise--it's spot on.  Though I'm very much one who separates the idiot from his work--I'd be glad to kick Tom Cruise/Mel Gibson in the family gems any day, but I won't let their idiocy keep me from enjoying a truly mediocre film.

Bono. I think I hate him more than even those two.  I think South Park very well summed up why no matter what seemingly good things he does, he always seems to be a giant shit. Love South Park.

Darwin:
Heh, heh... I didn't mention Bono, did I? But now that you have brought him up... I don't like his sanctimonious stance, but at least as far as what I can see of what he stands for, he is trying to use his fame and influence for some good!

Love the family gems comment - pretty much mirrors what I was thinking as I wrote about those two clowns  ;D

EDIT: added a few missing words to improve clarity  :o

JennyB:
British cyclists fast? Is there any British cyclist left? :tellme:
-Lashiec (August 13, 2008, 11:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thus far (out of four events) gold in the women's road race and silver in the time trial. They are expected to do even better in the the track events and the BMX later, having just about cleaned up in the World Championships. If you like fast, watch out of Mark Cavendish who won four sprint stages in his debut Tour de France this year.

The Spanish didn't win everything - it just seems that way sometimes!  :P

Josh:
Did anyone see the world record set in the 400 swim last night? Talk about impressive!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version