ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I am stumped ...

<< < (2/4) > >>

f0dder:
When you click a .wks file with word icon, does it load up in word or works?

Iirc, there's filetype associations and then there's filetype associations. I'm pretty sure I've experienced a "new-style" association overrule an "old-style" association. It's been years, so I can't remember the details, but it took some registry futzing to get it right. Your best bet is probably finding some filetype association manager application, I'd be surprised if one didn't exist :)

techidave:
yes I did try a reboot but that didn't help.  I also check the file associations and it was set to a works 4.0 word processor type.  

she does have some word docs (not many) so it would be easier for her to tell the difference by looking at the icon.

techidave:
when i click a .wks it opens up with works.

lanux128:
several applications seems to have a preference for the WPS extension. since f0dder has already mentioned about changing within Windows and that didn't work for you (see pic). maybe WAssociate could be of help here.

mouser:
nice screenshots lanux, what incredible screenshot program did you use to make those?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version