ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Recommendation/Advice requested - synching two Outlook profiles

(1/4) > >>

Darwin:
I've found a number of third party solutions that will synchronize Outlook 2007 e-mail, contacts, notes, calender items, etc. between two computers, but no proper reviews of any of the them - which are expensive! Anybody using a solution that they are happy with? Better yet, anyone have a free way to do this? My main concern is the potential for data corruption...

The two front runners are Easy2Sync for Outlook and SynchPST

Thank you for any comments, advice, or suggestions  :)

yksyks:
Sorry, I don't have any solution, but I did some research recently, too, and ended up on this page. Hope that helps. I didn't choose any, the apps are either expensive or not suitable for my needs, though.

Darwin:
Thanks, yksysks! I've been to that page before. I'm beginning to think that this is an issue without a good/cheap resolution. The most effusively praised app costs 50 pounds sterling, and it's subscription based to boot (albeit I'm sure that the last version you paid for will continue to work)! Anyway, as a category, these solutions are expensive and there's a lot of potential for pst corruption. In the absence of any reliable reviews (or at least in the absence of any that I've been able to turn up), I'm really hesitant to try any of them.

Anyone else have any experience in this area?

EDIT: clarity... and grammar

yksyks:
Exactly. I didn't dare to experiment with my precious data, because I know how the PST file is fragile, so at the moment I'm quite happy with a remote access to my Outlook via LogMeIn. Not suitable for every situation, but I really enjoy it and use it on a regular basis. And it's free.

Darwin:
Heh, heh - as you say "exactly"! You've clarified my point: I don't dare experiment with these various solutions (ie download and run two or thre trials) without some solid reviews... BTW another candidate on my radar is Systweak's Advanced Email Utilities.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version