topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 2:48 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Addressbook autocomplete  (Read 3409 times)

basc

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • Life Live Love Dough
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: Addressbook autocomplete
« on: August 10, 2008, 06:29 AM »
IDEA: ole object to make use of [Outlook]'s [address] database with "live-autocompletion" (updated on every keystroke) on the basis of a (the first) matched string/entry.

If entered a street name (perhaps the second field in the app) the other fields are filled in accordingly, as suggested on the basis of the entered character.

Compared to the "Comparing SFV" idea it may not be that great, or interesting (I consider that a killer feature if I'm not mistaken ;), but thy fun and a bit handy nonetheless.

I may have not explaned the other idea well enough, but this idea looks like a linked form inside a document as I'll show with the excellent tools already available;

Fish Mainbeat
Waterlane 13
1834NA  Vlissingen

or

Fish Mainbeat
Waterlane 13
1834NA  Vlissingen

or

Fish Mainbeat
Waterlane 13
1834NA  Vlissingen

The red are the entered characters. (I had to enter more on the last occasion because I have more fish relatives living there.)
Yours,
basc

ps.
I like the preview!

basc

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • Life Live Love Dough
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Addressbook autocomplete
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 09:10 AM »
.. and it would be neat to put it in an ole's only page; a wysiwyg programme where you can choose a page size (such as A4), ole's, save and print. (Overlapping with transparantie would be great.) (And quit.)

You'd have to install a few gpl programmes to get the ole's available though. Har.
But that would be near DTP.

Yours truly,
basc