ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best Firefox security addons?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Ehtyar:
Two extensions I consider to be useful, presuming they work as described ;) are BetterPrivacy ...
-Cavalcader (August 16, 2008, 11:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
Didn't know about Flash LSOs, thank you. Here's a link to BetterPrivacy on Mozilla and an extension called Objection on mozdev which performs a similar function but is not automated.

Ehtyar.

Cavalcader:
Didn't know about Flash LSOs, thank you.-Ehtyar (August 17, 2008, 02:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
Glad to help!

an extension called Objection on mozdev [...] performs a similar function but is not automated.

--- End quote ---
It's good to see more people becoming aware of Flash "cookies", which don't expire. Also, BetterCache isn't a very descriptive name -- it tries to keep people from exploiting your cache regarding privacy issues, but it's a fairly obscure technique (so far).

Jesper Hertel:
Is there an add-on similar to AdBlock Plus for IE 7?
-Deozaan (August 10, 2008, 06:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Try the free and excellent IE7Pro, which has many other cool features too. I was very happy with it when I used Internet Explorer 7 for a while before returning to Firefox when the new Firefox 3.0 came out and was faster than IE on my computer. I don't know how I could live with IE before I found IE7Pro :-).

Deozaan:
--- End quote ---

Perhaps you already know this: http://www.admuncher.com/

Not free though.
-sri (August 16, 2008, 11:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Try the free and excellent IE7Pro, which has many other cool features too. I was very happy with it when I used Internet Explorer 7 for a while before returning to Firefox when the new Firefox 3.0 came out and was faster than IE on my computer. I don't know how I could live with IE before I found IE7Pro :-).

-Jesper Hertel (August 17, 2008, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info, and sorry for "off-topicing" the Firefox thread to ask about IE. :)

justice:
I only use adblock and McAfee SiteAdvisor which you can use to see if sites are legit or not / shopping experiences and warns of phishing links on google results very handy. Combination of automated testing and user comments.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version