ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Linux is Not Windows

<< < (5/8) > >>

Josh:
I am also surprised at that 40hz, your post seemed very rational and was well constructed. I am of the mindset, let people use what they use, don't insult or flame users for it or their opinion. To each their own.

urlwolf:
Is it me or are we having more and more posts about linux lately?
If this is any indicative of the interest level, I'd say linux is growing.
At least in the DC audience. Which is good.

Lutz_:
Yeah, but somehow it is often about who is dissing who.     :-\   Yawn

Is it me or are we having more and more posts about linux lately?
If this is any indicative of the interest level, I'd say linux is growing.
At least in the DC audience. Which is good.
-urlwolf (August 12, 2008, 07:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

allen:
I always try to follow an old forum guideline that I believe was originally articulated by the moderators up on The WELL:

Try not to offend. Try not to be so easily offended.
-40hz (August 10, 2008, 11:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

The well mods seem to churn out the best forum rules of thumb...
You own your words
Do you still participate there?

As for this thread--I found the article worth reading, interesting enough to warrant the time.  Windows versus mac versus linux?  I'm not the first here to state that such conversations are always volatile, always inconclusive and will one day be spoken in the same breath as religion and politics as subjects to avoid in conversation at all costs.

Darwin:
I'm not the first here to state that such conversations are always volatile, always inconclusive and will one day spoken in the same breath as religion and politics as subjects to avoid in conversation at all costs
-allen (August 12, 2008, 12:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think we're already there... Your overall point is spot on, as well: this is a futile and pointless argument.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version