topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Saturday March 30, 2024, 3:26 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: DC Social Club Love-In  (Read 12633 times)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
DC Social Club Love-In
« on: August 07, 2008, 11:51 PM »
I got the idea from ProBlogger.

It can be rather lonely on social networking sites when you don't have many friends. And even if you have plenty, who couldn't use some more?

For this to work, you will have to list the profiles you have on various social networking sites in which you are a member. Then we can all be friends not just here on DC, but everywhere, too.

And if you are not a member of one of these sites and become one at some point in the future, you can come back here and have plenty of friends from DC, to start you off.

Just list the links to the profiles, so they will be clickable. You can list any social site you are a member of, not just the ones I am. I know we are not all members of all the same sites.

I'll go first:

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DC Social Club Love-In
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 02:09 AM »
Great concept...but because of the big diversity in social networks kinda hard to do. And why not include more business like networks like 'xing' or 'linkedin'?

Anyhow, your list of social communities didn't include:

Orkut: the major player in South America, 90% of all people with internet have an account, 90% of all members would not even know (or care) about 90% of your current list.
Hyves: the Dutch social community site (supporting both Dutch and English languages)...again the "90% rule" from above is in effect.

As the members of this forum are spread all over the world, I can imagine that App's list will grow exponentially with 'must have' communities to encompass the preference from each member. Sorry for being a bit of party pooper...:(
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 02:14 AM by Shades »

Grorgy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 03:22 AM »
no Shades, doesn't wreck the party, just makes it bigger!  ;)

app103

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 01:05 AM »
My list was only the ones I belong to, with links to my profiles.

The point wasn't to make a list of what social sites exist. It was to share your profiles and have dc friends on other sites besides dc.

If you belong to any of the sites I listed that I am a member of, look me up, provide the links to your profiles so others can do the same with you, and provide ones for sites that I am not  a member of.

Even list your myspace or livejournal if you have one. Just because I don't have an account on the site doesn't mean that you can't have other dc friends there.

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 10:34 PM »
I am offended by the distinct lack of pownce love! It is technically my favorite--no limit to post length, can upload files and add events -- and can do all of that from my mobile as well. Nothing would make me happier than some friends there, so I could *use* it and not feel like a total douche for talking to myself. http://pownce.com/theprawn

Also worth mentioning, Kwippy -- it's not the most technically savvy option--quite the opposite, but I really like the friendly hands on relationship the developers have with the product and their users. http://kwippy.com/allen

I hate to pass my twitter link, as people use it... and nothing else... but, alas, http://twitter.com/jarday

app103

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 04:36 AM »
Well it's nice to know if I ever start using pownce or kwippy that I have at least 1 person I can look up, so far. Thanks Allen!  :Thmbsup:

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 01:49 PM »
Every once in a while Allen will tell me about the latest social website and get me to sign up, but that's usually about as far as I ever get with them. I just don't understand them, I guess. But anyway, if you want to find me, I'm on:

Pownce
Twitter
Plurk

Last.fm
WhatPulse
MyBlogLog
Blogger
YouTube
Digg

EDIT: Added links.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 03:42 PM by Deozaan »

arthurz

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 02:01 PM »

Fred Nerd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 02:52 AM »
anyone else on digital rodeo?

Redeck alert..... Actually I have an account but never use it, just interested to see if anyone else is.

PS, I would list my MySpace, but that is in my real name, and I like anonimity.....

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 10:43 AM »
@ Fred Nerd:

Ok, I'll bite....

Your real name would be  Rimpelstilskin?  ;D

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 10:32 AM »
An autolinker would be a very cool coding snack. I'll post back when I'm sober. ;)
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker