ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Unresponsive Farr

(1/3) > >>

kartal:
I am sorry I cannot provide any details about this condition. When Farr is in this condition it does not accept any aliases or keywords and shows no sign of life. Only thing I know is I get this once in a while. Only solution is to restart Farr when I get it (once or twice a day). One thing that is consistent about this issue is the text that Farr shows "type agroups to list all aliases". When I have this I cannot close farr at all I mean exiting the app. I need to kill it via task manager.

mouser:
once or twice a day(!) that is unacceptable.

i see there is some text in the searchbox.. is that text that you typed in when it appeared on screen before it hung? or is it text from a prior search?

kartal:
I typed "notepad" to show you that nothing comes up. Normally it should search and list you know.

When it hangs or becomes unresponsive, it is not like application crash or freezing. It is just that it stops bringing any result. I can actually click on preferences and open it. So definetely Farr is stable in memory but no activity.

I cannot pinpoint the pattern. But generally this happens when I have special shortcut version of Farr with "copy selected text" enabled.

I am under 64bit xp.

mouser:
ok thats a good hint.. i will look into it.

nitrix-ud:
@mouser,

i think it could be a focusing problem
i've already seen something similar at some point of FARR developement
maybe the wrong view mode is shown...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version