ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Mojave experiment: Vista from a different viewpoint

<< < (2/3) > >>

40hz:
Mojave -- no reason to desert XP!

-cranioscopical (August 05, 2008, 04:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Think "Sahara" instead of "sayonara" eh?

(I dunno. I think it more logical for a man to go to the PX to get dessert, rather than the other way around...) :)

But wouldn't it be more correct to spell it "Mo' Jive" rather than Mojave? ;D

Shades:
Mojave -- no reason to desert XP!
-cranioscopical (August 05, 2008, 04:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yep...using Vista is probably just as much fun as eating sand. Or didn't I get it correctly? ;)

cranioscopical:
I think it more logical for a man to go to the PX to get dessert, rather than the other way around...
-40hz (August 05, 2008, 05:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
Now you're pudding my leg!

cranioscopical:
Yep...using Vista is probably just as much fun as eating sand. Or didn't I get it correctly?
-Shades (August 05, 2008, 06:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
Not a grain of truth in it!

cthorpe:
Desert puns aside... I do think there is something to this campaign.  I know a lot of people who bash Vista without ever having used it or seen it.  Heck, I used to do it without ever spending any time with the OS.  I was sure that it was a resource hog, slow, prone to crashes, DRMed, insecure, mean to children and puppies, annoying, bloated, uncompatible with all pre-existing hardware and software, offensive to old people, and a downgrade from XP.  I recently bought a new computer, and I'll admit that I was concerned about Vista coming pre-installed.  I even downgraded to XP shortly after getting the PC.  Once SP1 came out, however, I decided to give Vista another chance.  I had more crashes and problems under XP than I do under Vista now.  It is my OS of choice.  I'm not too proud to say that I was wrong.

Carl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version