ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Scam? Regnow Extended Download Service

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
Thanks for that link josh, i remembered we discussed this before.

Carol Haynes:
I don't think it is really a scam. I have bought software before that could be downloaded at the time of purchase but only an unlockable trial version was available from the website.

Where I do think it is a bit dubious is where the publisher does provide free downloads and updates directly after purchase. Having said that I think the publishers should complain and possibly find an alternative sales method - they are being scammed more.

superboyac:
Whoops, didn't notice that the thread is redundant!  Thanks Josh.

Geez, if this were another forum, I know I'd be attacked for starting a redundant thread.  That's why I love it here.  Everyone's so nice!

TucknDar:
Whoops, didn't notice that the thread is redundant!  Thanks Josh.

Geez, if this were another forum, I know I'd be attacked for starting a redundant thread.  That's why I love it here.  Everyone's so nice!
-superboyac (August 04, 2008, 01:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
Shut up!

:-[

J-Mac:
All of the software payment sites that start with "Reg" are scammers!  RegSoft, RegNow, RegNet.  All part of Digital River.  Another affiliate of DR is ShareIt!, which marks up their conversion rates without mentioning it.  And all of the DR "Reg" sites claim that they now accept PayPal payments - but they really don't want you to use it.  Three purchases with them (Two w/RegSoft, one with RegNet) where I used PayPal, the payment did not go through - so they claimed - and insisted that I pay again at their site using a credit card.  Twice I had to get PayPal to contact them to prove that they were paid by PayPal already.

In each case they told me that this wouldn't be a problem if I paid with a credit card directly to them instead of using PayPal.  Then why do they offer it?!?!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version