topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:30 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Battery Run refuses to work properly  (Read 7934 times)

BikeZen

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Battery Run refuses to work properly
« on: August 03, 2008, 11:00 AM »
I've downloaded BatteryRun and the AutoHotKey script but can't get them to function properly.

I saved the script as a "batteryrun.ahk" Autohotkey file and then d/l and launched the "BatteryRun.exe" file. While this launched the {batteryRun-About} screen, it failed to install a batteryRun icon in my taskbar tray. Double clicking the "BatteryRun.ahk" file likewise activated the "about" screen but nothing else.

Needless to say, nothing happened when I subsequently removed and then replaced the power cord. No Wav files or messages were activated.

I'm clueless but realize I've failed to do something. Do I need to edit the script and/or configure the "batteryrun.exe" file as suggested in the "About" file. How does one edit the "command line" to summon the "wav" files mentioned in the "About" screen?

Any suggestions much appreciated. Sorry I'm not particularly clueful about this stuff.
Wndy

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Battery Run refuses to work properly
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 09:12 PM »
you need only the exe file unless you want to modify the program. as you know by now it is a command-line driven program so you have to either launch from 'Run' dialog in the start menu or create a shortcut with the necessary command-line parameter.

e.g. you can create the program's shortcut on the desktop, right-click on it & choose properties. then in 'Target' field, add your command (see pic) then you double-click on the link, the program will execute as it is intended. also check out this thread for more usage examples.

ws-Battery-2.png

BikeZen

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 07:24 PM »
Thanks a bunch! Your answer taught me something about Windoze as well as BatteryRun. Nice to get this excellent program running as it should. Perhaps you might consider leaving a text file with your instructions in the download folder just in case I'm not the only clueless one in the bunch.

Again, many thanks for taking the time to respond.
W

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 09:51 PM »
you're welcome! let's hope that Skrommel (who wrote this program) reads this and packs the files in a zip with some instructions. :)