ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Skimp or splurge?

<< < (8/11) > >>

cranioscopical:
buy duplicates of small tools you use a lot and put in different places. That way you'll always have some close to hand and won't have to spend time searching for where you put them so often-Nod5 (August 09, 2008, 01:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Or, speaking from experience, you'll have a massive supply all in one place... if only you could remember where.

Edvard:
40hz: point taken. But I consider 20$ for a knife at least a semi-splurge. A decent IKEA knife goes for around 5$ you know ;)

I wish to file a friend-of-the-splurge brief for mousers tape splurge :) Tape, especially electrical tape, is one of the most handy things ever invented. Buy good quality stuff and buy enough to be able to have multiple rolls at various places around your house or apartment.

A general splurge rule: buy duplicates of small tools you use a lot and put in different places. That way you'll always have some close to hand and won't have to spend time searching for where you put them so often.
-Nod5 (August 09, 2008, 01:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
I second the tape rule, and up-one: get a roll of gaffer's tape with your next duct tape purchase (if you can find it...) and see if it doesn't out-purpose the silver stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love duct tape, but gaffers tape is his grown-up cousin.

cranioscopical:
but gaffers tape is his grown-up cousin-Edvard (August 13, 2008, 07:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's true!

Then there's that rubberized, self-bonding tape that'll make an an instant non-slip grip on any tool handle, and the armoured stuff that you can wrap around your fingers when you mislay your carver's mail glove... oh, and the double-sided carpet tape that acts as a clamp between boards when bandsawing multiple same-profile parts, and the high-friction stuff for drawers and jigs, and the low-friction tape and...

We need a tape thread  :)

f0dder:
Mmmh, gaffer's tape. And it's companion, ether!

zridling:
SPLURGE:
Good keyboard, comfortable mouse.

SKIMP:
Sunglasses. (I lose them anyway.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version