ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards results!

(1/2) > >>

zridling:
The SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards has some unique categories to say the least, and some. And some of the winners are confusing:

f0dder:
How on earth does XBMC win in the "gamers" section? It's a media player, chrissake :-s

Dormouse:
How on earth does XBMC win in the "gamers" section? It's a media player, chrissake :-s
-f0dder (August 02, 2008, 02:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe that is 'gaming' to sourceforgers  :)

4wd:
-f0dder (August 02, 2008, 02:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

It says "Best Project for gamers" - personally I can't think of a better project for console gamers than turning a console into something useful  ;)

It's either turn it into a media player or a wheelchock  :P

Josh:
Actually, I think that just shows the complete lack of gaming support that truly Linux has. Hell, they still have to use a windows emulator to get most of the bigger games to work rather than working with gaming companies to get a Linux version developed.

I am not totally against linux, I just find their support for modern hardware/software lacking. The quality of software, when compared to the Windows and Mac alternative, is just not there. OpenOffice.org is nice, but the robustness just doesn't exist. The user interface and windowing systems feel tacky, slow, and unresponsive. Please don't start up about how "Office is bloated" because one person major feature is another person's bloat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version