ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

FCC finds Comcast in violation of net neutrality rules for BitTorrent blocking

<< < (3/3)

Ehtyar:
lucky for you guys. at some places, not only bandwidth is throttled but the (paying) end-users are chided for making a complaint. >:(
-lanux128 (August 01, 2008, 10:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's nothing. Over here, you'll find your total downloads are limited per month. For $80 a month on 'cable', we get 20 GB of downloads and uploads (I get 40gb of data usable between midnight and midday because we have cable tv and phone with the same operator), after which you are speed-limited or charged a small fee per excess mb. Admittedly I'd probably be better off if i upgraded to ADSL2 or something, however you will not find an ISP that does not limit your total data usage.

Ehtyar.

lanux128:
i had always thought that the monthly fees is for providing the bandwidth but sometimes it means a different thing altogether.

recently there was an operator who promoted 'unlimited' wireless connection for a certain fee (which was not cheap). but this offer was bound to the condition that the individual user does not exceed 3GB up/down a month. those exceeding this limit will disconnected from the service unless a written reason was given explaining their activities and this was all in 'fine print'. :down:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version